About the HR Assistant Position
We’re seeking a reliable worker to join our team as an HR Assistant. As an HR Assistant, you’ll make use of strong organizational and communication skills as you work alongside prospective employees, current employees, and even former employees.
Our ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of the best human resource practices and will be ready to get started with our company, from providing administrative support to senior HR staff to helping make sure all of our employees succeed.
HR Assistant Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment process by doing background checks and reference checks as needed
- Help with the new employee onboarding process, including benefits management and salary questions
- Assist in employee manners, including resolving conflicts, conducting employee surveys and holding employee recognition activities
- Create, maintain, and update employee records, both physical and digital copies
- Update and manage employee handbooks
- Maintain HR management calendars, including scheduling interviews and meetings
- Process payroll, resolving any issues that arise
- Process termination paperwork and perform exit interviews
- Provide assistance on all other internal and external HR requests as needed
HR Assistant Requirements
- BA/BS in human resources or related field, or [2+] years experience in human resources
- Strong knowledge of labor and employment equity laws along with HR practices and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer literacy, including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and payroll systems
- Superb organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality about employee records
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good HR Assistant?
A good HR Assistant is able to keep their focus during a busy work day! An HR Assistant helps out with many human resources tasks, from recruitment to scheduling to processing payroll. You’ll need excellent administrative and HR skills to succeed in your role as an HR Assistant.
Who does an HR Assistant report to?
An HR Assistant typically reports to an HR Supervisor or Manager.
What is the salary range for an HR Assistant?
The salary range for an HR assistant is $35,000 to $55,000.