About the Production Assistant Position
Our company is looking for an energetic and focused Production Assistant to join our team. The production crew will count on you to complete essential tasks, anything from distributing scripts to organizing film sets.
If you’re a multitasking maestro, have a keen eye for detail, and want to work in television or film, we want to hear from you.
Production Assistant Responsibilities
- Prepare the set for filming, including setting up props and positioning lighting
- Print and distribute scripts
- Manage crowd control, including preventing people from entering sets
- Assist in creating and maintaining production budgets
- Keep inventory of props, brands, etc. appearing on set
- Run errands and deliver messages to and from crew members
- Perform other administrative duties as needed
Production Assistant Requirements
- BA/BFA in media, film, communications, or similar field
- Prior experience as part of a production team
- Flexible work hours
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional creative skills
- Desire to assist as needed
Find this Production Assistant job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Production Assistant?
A good Production Assistant needs to be willing to wear many hats and help out as needed on set, whether that’s setting up props or running errands for the director. Ideally, they’d know what needs to be done before being asked to do it.
Who does a Production Assistant report to?
A Production Assistant usually reports to the Assistant Director.
What is the salary range for a Production Assistant?
The average salary range for a Production Assistant is $30,000 to $45,000.