About the Retail Manager Position
We’re seeking a Retail Manager to join our team and guide our employees through the ins-and-outs of working at [company name]. As a Retail Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of business, from managing junior staff members to making sure we have a full inventory.
Our ideal candidate will be a goal-driven, dedicated worker who loves to see things through from start to finish. If this sounds like the perfect position for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Retail Manager Responsibilities
- Develop and implement store strategies
- Interview, hire, and train potential new employees
- Manage all employee schedules to ensure the store is properly staffed
- Maintain store inventory through tracking stock and completing new orders
- Encourage employees to meet sales goals and any applicable sign-up goals
- Meet all sales goals and strive to maintain a high profit margin
- Handle customer complaints in a timely manner
- Ensure all legal, health, and safety requirements are met at all times
Retail Manager Requirements
- [2+] years experience as a Retail Manager
- BA/BSc in business, marketing, or similar field preferred
- Superb team leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in sales and marketing strategies
- Great time management and multitasking skills
Find this Retail Manager job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Retail Manager?
A good Retail Manager makes easy work of balancing a variety of tasks. Whether setting employee schedules, working with customers, or monitoring sales figures, you’ll be able to keep the store running smoothly.
Who does a Retail Manager report to?
A Retail Manager typically reports to a District Manager or a General Manager.
What is the salary range for a Retail Manager?
The salary range for a Retail Manager is $55,000 to $85,000.