About the Waiter/Waitress Position
We’re seeking a friendly and energetic Waiter/Waitress to join our restaurant. As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from greeting customers to serving diners. Our Waiters/Waitresses strive to give our customers the best dining experience possible in the time they’re with us.
If you think you can keep up with the quick pace of the restaurant industry while providing excellent customer service, we’d love to hear from you.
- Greet diners in a timely manner
- Take food and beverage orders, paying close attention to special requests, dietary restrictions, and any other preferences
- Stay up-to-date on the latest menu offerings and specials to answer any questions
- Serve food from the kitchen in a safe and timely manner
- Regularly check in with patrons to ensure they have everything they need, including refilling beverages
- Present diners with checks and process payments
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, and health guidelines
- Assist with bussing tables as needed
Waiter/Waitress Staff Requirements
- Experience as a Waiter/Waitress preferred but not required
- An energetic, friendly, and customer service-oriented personality
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to stay on your feet for multiple hours at a time
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds
- Be willing to assist with other duties as needed
- Must be able to work as part of a team
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Waiter/Waitress?
A good Waiter/Waitress makes multi-tasking look easy! From taking orders to refilling drinks to running dishes, you’ll need to keep your cool while staying on top of everything and keeping diners satisfied.
Who does a Waiter/Waitress report to?
A Waiter/Waitress typically reports to a General Manager.
What is the salary range for a Waiter/Waitress?
The salary for a Waiter/Waitress is $13,000-$23,000 plus any additional tips earned.