About the Art Director Position
As an art director, you’ll be guiding our design team in creative endeavors to fit every client’s needs. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand how to reach consumers through targeted marketing and branding strategies. Whether pitching ideas to clients or working on packaging design, the right candidate will play a role from start to finish.
Art Director Responsibilities
- Brainstorm and communicate clear ideas within creative departments
- Bring ideas to life using sketches and storyboards
- Understand marketing objectives and trends to reach target audiences
- Manage design team members and delegate responsibilities
- Ensure all project deadlines are met from start to finish
- Present completed projects to clients and other team members
Art Director Requirements
- [5+] years of experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in fine arts or a related field preferred
- A strong portfolio showcasing graphic design skills, including logo design, web layout design, typography, print production, and packaging design
- Proficient with design and wireframing software, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Able to work alongside and manage a team
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Find this Art Director job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Art Director?
Being a good Art Director requires a creative and collaborative mindset. You’ll be working to bring a client’s ideas to life, but you’ll be guiding a variety of team members through the process, as well.
Who does an Art Director report to?
Art Directors usually report to Associate Creative Directors or Creative Directors.
What is the salary range for an Art Director?
The typical salary range for an art director is $85,000 to $105,000.
Hire an Art Director
Post this Art Director job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.