About the Debt Collector Position
We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and challenging. A debt collector will have to be polite and sympathetic towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent.
Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this position.
Debt Collector Responsibilities
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Design course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire about their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Manage questions or complaints
- Review and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with borrowers when possible to avoid likely issues
- Update account status and database frequently
- Alert superiors of borrowers unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
Debt Collector Requirements
- Some experience as debt collector
- Experience working with targets and tight deadlines
- Understanding of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Great communication and people skills
- Adept at negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- High school diploma is preferred