About the Dispatcher Position
We’re seeking a dependable Dispatcher to join our team as our main contact for emergency and non-emergency calls. From taking down information, transferring messages, or tracking vehicle routes, you’ll be responsible for handling a variety of tasks.
Our ideal candidate will have superb multitasking skills along with the ability to independently make decisions. As our goal is to transmit accurate information in a timely manner, you must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls
- Document important information
- Prioritize calls by urgency level
- Proactively attempt to solve problems, suggesting solutions to the best of your ability
- Dispatch necessary resources to locations as needed
- Supervise units in the field to assist in prioritizing their daily schedules
- Keep up-to-date call logs, records, and any other appropriate documentation
- High school diploma or GED required
- [1-2] years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of emergency protocol
- Superb communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Above-average typing skills
Find this Dispatcher job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Dispatcher?
A good Dispatcher is able to keep cool under the pressure of multi-tasking. Whether handling emergencies or routine calls, as the first point of contact, a Dispatcher does their best to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Who does a Dispatcher report to?
A Dispatcher usually reports to a Dispatch Manager.
What is the salary range for a Dispatcher?
The typical salary for a Dispatcher is $34,000 to $64,000.
Hire a Dispatcher
Post this Dispatcher job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click. Sign up for Breezy today.