About the Receptionist Position
As a Receptionist at [company name], you’ll be our clients’ first point of contact, greeting them and providing guidance for their visit. From notifying employees of guests to providing directions to a specific part of the office, our Receptionist will be willing to work with visitors to address their needs.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for performing clerical tasks that support the office’s daily operations. From answering phone calls, distributing mail, and scheduling meetings, you’ll have a hand in all parts of the business.
- Greet clients and visitors in a polite manner, offering your assistance
- Notify employees of visitor arrivals
- Answer, forward, and screen phone calls and general email inquiries
- Assist with various daily operations, including making copies, sending faxes, taking notes, and scheduling meetings
- Sort and distribute daily mail and package deliveries
- Prepare meeting and training rooms as needed
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe reception area
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- [2+] years experience working in a similar role
- Professional appearance and manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a team
Find this Receptionist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Receptionist?
A good Receptionist must be able to balance a multitude of duties around the office while simultaneously helping clients with their needs as they arrive. Whether running errands or answering phone calls, good customer service skills are a necessity.
Who does a Receptionist report to?
A Receptionist usually reports to an Office Manager.
What is the salary range for a Receptionist?
The typical salary range for a Receptionist is $26,000 to $46,000.