About the Insurance Agent Position
We’re seeking a motivated and competitive worker to join our team as an Insurance Agent. As an Insurance Agent with [company name], you’ll be responsible for selling policies to clients, handling claims, and keeping track of policy renewals.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills for working with a variety of clients. If you think you’d excel as an Insurance Agent, we’d love to hear from you.
Insurance Agent Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to sell life, health, or car insurance to a variety of clients, working with them to find the policy that best suits their needs
- Go through policies with clients so that they have an understanding of the insurance costs and benefits
- Work alongside marketing team members to further client outreach
- Work alongside insurance adjusters
- Maintain all client records
- Provide continual service by processing insurance renewals and working to retain clients
- Track insurance claims to ensure the satisfaction of all parties
- Distribute policy funds after a claim has been settled
- Answer client and potential client insurance-related queries as needed
Insurance Agent Requirements
- [2+] years experience as an Insurance Agent
- BA/BS in business, economics, or related field preferred
- Appropriate insurance licensing where required by law
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superb communication and negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge of different types of insurance, including life, health, and car insurance
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Find this Insurance Agent job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy.. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Insurance Agent?
A good Insurance Agent is able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, from getting them signed up for policies to working to ensure policy renewal at the end of the term. Excellent customer service skills are needed, as well as strong communication skills.
Who does an Insurance Agent report to?
An Insurance Agent reports to an Insurance Manager.
What is the salary range for an Insurance Agent?
The salary range for an Insurance Agent is $45,000 to $68,000 per year.