About the IT Help Desk Technician Position
We are looking for a qualified Helpdesk Technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on underlying technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Helpdesk Technician must have sufficient technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and composed٫ to deal with demanding customers.
Your goals will be to build value for clients that will help protect the company’s character and business.
IT Help Desk Technician Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers exploring technical assistance over the phone or email
- Complete remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Discover the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unsolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide detailed information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to procedures
IT Help Desk Technician Requirements
- Some experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products٫ databases٫ and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems٫ mobile devices٫ and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and solve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT٫ Computer Science or relevant field