About the Public Relations Assistant Position
We’re looking for an energetic and confident Public Relations Assistant to join our company.
Are you a multitasking maestro? Are you a great communicator and quick to take action when solving a problem? Whether keeping track of daily schedules or proofreading content, you’ll be a key member of our public relations team.
Public Relations Assistant Responsibilities
- Manage calendars for department members
- Participate in and contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Design and prepare PR content, including press releases, newsletters, and speeches
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, clients, vendors, etc.
- Maintain PR database documenting media coverage and track according to established metrics
- Support members of the PR team by keeping contact lists and project-specific records
- Assist with clerical duties as needed
Public Relations Assistant Requirements
- [1+] years of experience working as a Public Relations Assistant
- BA/BS in public relations, communications, or similar field
- Strong working knowledge of PR concepts and best practices
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Find this Public Relations Assistant job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Public Relations Assistant?
A good Public Relations Assistant is willing to wear many hats! Whether you’re building relationships with media members or filing paperwork for an upcoming conference, you’re a key member of the PR team and eager to help out where you can.
Who does a Public Relations Assistant report to?
Public Relations Assistants usually report to the Public Relations Manager.
What is the salary range for a Public Relations Assistant?
The typical salary range for a Public Relations Assistant is $34,000 to $56,000.