About the Restaurant Server Position
Our restaurant is seeking a reliable, energetic, and friendly Restaurant Server to join our team. As a Restaurant Server, you’ll be responsible for providing a top-notch dining experience for our customers. Whether taking orders or running food, good customer service comes first.
If you’re quick on your feet and love working with people, we’d love to speak with you about working for us.
Restaurant Server Responsibilities
- Welcome patrons to our restaurant and seat them as needed
- Familiarize yourself with the menu and be ready to answer customer questions about different options
- Take food and beverage orders, paying close attention to special requests and dietary restrictions
- Safely and efficiently run food from the kitchen to the table
- Assist patrons as needed, checking in with them frequently to ensure their experience is satisfactory
- Present customers with their checks and accept payments
- Adhere to all health, safety, and sanitation requirements
- Clean and prepare tables as needed
Restaurant Server Requirements
- Previous experience as a Restaurant Server preferred but not required
- Be a team player and willing to lend a hand when needed
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills
- Superb communication skills, including a customer-service oriented personality
- The ability to be on your feet for multiple hours at a time
Find this Restaurant Server job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Restaurant Server?
A good Restaurant Server makes easy work of balancing multiple duties, including serving customers, running food, and bussing tables. Regardless of what they’re doing, their customer service skills shine!
Who does a Restaurant Server report to?
A Restaurant Server usually reports to a General Manager.
What is the salary range for a Restaurant Server?
A Restaurant Server makes between $14,000 to $25,000