About the Typist Position
We’re seeking a skilled, detail-oriented Typist to join our team. As a Typist, you’ll be responsible for typing up various company documents, whether that’s meeting minutes, transcriptions of audio recordings, or copies of written media. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring documents are free of typos and grammatical errors.
- Generate various digital documents from recordings, dictation, handwritten material, and other media
- Record meeting notes and minutes
- Reformat, merge, and proofread existing documents
- Manage and maintain digital and physical document filing systems
- Proofread completed work and correct spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors
- Assist with various administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience as a typist or data entry clerk
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 50-80 words per minute typing speed
- Proficiency in office software, such as Microsoft Office or Google Docs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- An eye for detail
- Excellent understanding of the English language
Find this Typist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Typist?
A good Typist is someone with a keen eye for detail and fast fingers; we’re looking for someone with an above-average WPM speed. With a strong vocabulary and a firm grasp of written communication, a Typist will take our organization’s documentation to the next level.
Who does a Typist report to?
Depending on the type of employer, a Typist typically reports to a general manager in their department.
What is the salary range for a Typist?
The usual salary range for a Typist is $30,000 to $45,000.
HIre a Typist
Post this Typist job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.