About the Wait Staff Position
We’re seeking a friendly, efficient, and energetic Wait Staff to join our team. Working at our restaurant, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from greeting customers to serving patrons. Our goal is to make sure our customers have the best dining experience possible, and that starts with you.
If you think you can keep up with the quick pace of the restaurant industry while providing excellent customer service, we’d love to hear from you.
Wait Staff Responsibilities
- Greet patrons in a timely manner and, if needed, show them to their tables
- Stay up-to-date on the latest menu offerings to answer customer questions and provide recommendations as needed
- Take food and beverage orders, paying close attention to special requests and dietary restrictions
- Deliver food from the kitchen to the table in a safe and timely manner
- Assist patrons as needed, checking in with them frequently to ensure their experience is satisfactory
- Present customers with their checks and accept payments
- Adhere to all health, safety, and sanitation requirements
- Clean and prepare tables as needed
Wait Staff Requirements
- Friendly, customer service-oriented personality
- Experience as Wait Staff or server preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to stay on your feet for multiple hours at a time
- Superb organizational and multitasking skills
- Be a team player
- Be willing to assist with other duties as needed
Find this Wait Staff job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Wait Staff?
A good Wait Staff member needs to be a multitasking maestro! Whether taking orders, refilling drinks, or running food to tables, you’ll need to wear many hats and remain cool, calm, and collected while doing it.
Who does Wait Staff report to?
Wait Staff typically report to General Managers.
What is the salary range for a Wait Staff?
The average Wait Staff salary is $13,000 to $23,000 plus any additional tips.