HR Executive interview questions
Your high-potential candidate will be organized, creative, innovative and have awesome interpersonal and leadership skills. Their role is to support, motivate and mentor employees, so keep an eye out for candidates with great people skills.
- Look for experience: Candidates should have theoretical and practical HR knowledge, so look out for those with qualifications as well as experience.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What recruiting metrics would you use to forecast hiring needs?
- How do you suggest creating a flexible working plan for employees?
- Describe how you’d process an employee complaint.
- How would you handle an HR mistake that resulted in regulatory fines?
Role-specific interview questions
- What are the pros and cons of employee referral bonus programs?
- Which employer benefits are most important for employee satisfaction?
- How would you create an unforgettable onboarding process?
- What HR software have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever had to deal with internal team conflicts? What happened?
- Describe a time you mediated a conflict between an employee and management.
- How do you keep up-to-date with labor laws?
- Tell us about a time you led a complex HR project from start to finish. What did you do?